📍In this session we have overview the new income tax portal recently launched by the government. Government is very positive about the new portal, however the taxpayer and tax professionals are still facing issues and bugs in new income tax portal.
📍As per government following features are incorporated in new e filing portal.
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns(ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers fill ITR even without any tax knowledge, with prefilling, for minimizing data entry effort;
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos and chatbot/live agent;
- All key portal functions on desktop will be available on Mobile App which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on mobile network;
- New online tax payment system on new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, Credit Card and RTGS/NEFT from any account of taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
- 📍On the other hand following difficulties are faced by the taxpayers and tax professionals-
- Website is not loading properly
- Certain forms like 15CA, 15CB are showing error
- Old ITR are not showing on the portal in some cases
- PAN Verification is showing wrong information
- Call center are not answering call properly